Losing Respect

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ordinarily, I really like Alternet. There are good, in depth articles, many of which talk about current events that are significant and interesting, but that corporate media doesn't seem to care about.

This article, however, really made me want to vomit. Was the most recent debate less than completely engrossing? Okay, I can believe it (I was at rehearsal, as usual, so I missed it). But phrases like:

Sure she's as bland as Obama, perhaps even marginally blander, but at the animal level, she triggers a neurochemical jet that sets off the very first hate most men feel when they encounter a powerful and threatening woman (like, say, I dunno, your 4th grade teacher Mrs. McManus? or the dean Ms. Mead, the wrinkled-mouth Episcopalian baboon who kicked you out of school and told you you'd never amount to anything?).
are massively unnecessary.

Really? Seriously? That's what the idiot wrote? Yup.

The whole article is incredibly offensive, not only to Senators Clinton and (less so) Obama, but also to Americans in general. Apparently we're all mindless baboons. I think that underneath the spewing, relentless garbage, the guy's point is that HillaryHate is not good, but it doesn't matter, since he's just as offensive as the perpetrators thereof.

I'm really disappointed in Alternet right now. Bad website, go to your room!

*******

Still haven't chosen a new candidate......

0 comments:

 
BITCHCRAFT - by Templates para novo blogger