the extent to which I hate yoga

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not the actual act of doing yoga, of course, because I've never done it, but the obnoxious, yuppie "I'm better at yoga than you are, and you can tell because I walk around in $80 stretch pants and shop at Lulu-fucking-Lemon" yoga mommies who are taking over the East Bay. The ones who are "stay at home moms" which really means rich-ass trophy wives with blond ponytails and nannies (or au pairs) even though they don't work.

So, I'm not the only one to notice. The hysterical website "Stuff White People Like" has yoga as number 15......heee!

The site is a combination of laugh-your-ass-off and kinda-simplistic-with-over-generalizing, and I think by "white people" they actually mean pretty well off supposed liberal white people, but whatever.

2 comments:

Maggie Jochild said...

Yay! You're back!

I love the "white people stuff" blog, too. Sometimes painfully so.

I'm SURE you know about this, but in case anybody out there doesn't, there's the Black People Love Us blog, which was so controversial a few years ago.

Sorry you keep getting sick, honey-bunch. I'll send healing vibes your way. And -- you mention the group you started with Celeste but I didn't actually see the name of it, did I miss it?

kat said...

I did, in the middle of a gigantor paragraph. It's called Donne Di Mezzi.
(the zz's are pronounced like pizza)

It means "women of means" in Italian. Plus the pun that we're both mezzo-sopranos, so it looks like the plural for mezzo.

yeah, we're geeks.....

 
BITCHCRAFT - by Templates para novo blogger