Odds and Ends

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just a quick word today, because I really must practice. I was called at the last minute for this opera gig, so I got the score on the same day as rehearsals started. I really must get my butt in gear and learn the music.

More on Juno: Here's an interesting little piece about the portrayal of love in the movie.

More on movies: Persepolis is amazing. Everyone should see it, but especially folks who think that attacking Iran is a decent plan. They should be forced to watch it on constant repeat. It's based on Marjane Satrapi's graphic novels, and retains her clean, spare drawing style. The voices are done by some of France's legendary actresses, and it's even more powerful on the screen (in my opinion, at least) than on the page.

2 comments:

Maggie Jochild said...

Let me be the first to point out here, Juno's gotten several Oscar noms (including for Best Actress and Best Picture!), and Persepolis has been nominated for best animated feature. YAY!!!

kat said...

huzzah!
Awesome movies, both.

I'm at work, where it's raining like crazy and cold as hell. supervising the carpool line in all of this is not going to be fun.....not huzzah!

 
BITCHCRAFT - by Templates para novo blogger