What the Hell, yo???

Monday, April 20, 2009

Apparently people who earn $250,000 a year don't think they're rich. And the mayor of San Jose, CA thinks that they're "upper working class" and that they can't afford to buy a home.

Um.....right.....

They, therefore, are not to pleased with President Obama's proposed tax changes.

That's right. Even though they fall into the category known as "richest in America" who make more money than 98% of Americans, they don't "consider themselves" rich.

Excuse me while I laugh hysterically.

The article doesn't say that these people think that rich bastards should decide for themselves whether they should pay higher taxes, but it comes pretty close. I'm especially fond of the "But my car is nearly a decade old. I can't possibly be rich!!"

I wonder if these people even realize that they come off sounding like total assholes. When the phrase "We're meeting our needs, but just barely" or whatever, comes out of the mouth of someone who makes more than the 300,000,000 other people in the country.

I make about as much in one year as the featured family pays in church tithes. To them, and the rest of these whiny dirt-bags, I say "pftflpfyfpfltfltpfht!"*

(that was me blowing a big fat raspberry)

2 comments:

berzerkcarrottop said...

We have a perception problem. The people in this article think "rich" means "celebrity rich." But I think being able to cover a mortgage, second mortgage(!), payments on a second property(!!), all your basic needs, college funds, and STILL having $1,200 left over every month is rich. And I totally disagree with the San Jose mayor that someone making $250,000 a year can't buy a home in Silicon Valley. Sure, they can't live in Woodside next to Larry Ellison from Oracle, but you can still buy a house.

kat said...

I think you've got a point. We all (probably) perceive "rich" differently.

Being able to cover ALL of those bills and having anything left over probably makes one rich.

If owning a house is one of the tenets of middle-class-ness, then owning more than one should surely make you wealthy.

 
BITCHCRAFT - by Templates para novo blogger