Dinner Fail

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So, I like cooking, and am pretty good at it.

Dinner tonight, however, sucked in a major way. First problem: I can't figure out how to cook brown rice so that it's not a gooey, smooshy mess. Every web site I looked at said 2 cups water to 1 cup rice, but based on the results, that can't be right. Most of the sites also said to cook it for about 40 minutes, but after just 20, it was nasty and soft.

HALP!!!

Also, it turns out that "Tasty Bite" Kashmir Spinach with Paneer cheese it totally gross. Spinach curry with paneer is one of my favorite Indian dishes, too, so I was extra disappointed. I knew I shouldn't have tried Indian food from a box.

Next time I'll just walk 1 block to the awesome and cheap curry house.....'Cept that I was trying to save money.

Oh well, now I can do the ever-so-British shrug that goes along with the phrase "Ugh...dodgy curry." If you look vaguely green and sick, your mates will ask first if you had a few too many pints the night before. If it's not that, it must be a dodgy curry.

0 comments:

 
BITCHCRAFT - by Templates para novo blogger